The Old '87 Rolls Again

After two years of storage I tossed a battery in the old 1987 300E and she fired right up. No leaks, everything running good and it's time to continue the process of working out all the kinks.
I am going to handle the brute force wrenching and cosmetics and leave it to the experts to do the finesse work.
So here I go with question number 1. The black vinyl bumpers and side trim are very faded (in sharp contrast to the fairly bright paint job). I would like to re-blacken them via paint or whatever method is recommended.
So:
1: What do y'all recommend for bringing those bumpers back to a better condition. I think they are beyond Armor-All and really need to be dealt with more thoroughly. Is a good quality vinyl paint adequate?
and
2: Should I go through the process of removing them or just mask the vehicle and treat them on the car. My preference would be removal so I can do a more thorough job, but I'm not sure the level of pain involved in removing them.
3: Is there a good trick for removing the side door trim or is is inevitable that I will snap the little brackets in the process.
Thanks, and I look forward to participating in the newsgroup once again.
Before you got into all that trouble.. try what Griot's Garage has to offer... they have something just for that...
There is another aftermarket product... called All Black Again will do the same job.
My experience with Griot's Garage product has been very good so I'd give him a shot first.