Through-the-glass antenna

Does anyone know if it's possible to install a through-the-glass antenna on a 1988 300SE? The rear defroster wires look like they will interfere with it, and I'd like to find out before buying.
TIA
gordon freeman wrote:

If you can avoid contact with the wires, it should work fine. I've has a through the glass antenna for my ham radio on my 1979 240D for years.
If you cannot find a place on the glass where the antenna base won't touch the wires, don't do it. Neither one would be happy.
Rochelle