Water Pump Replacement for 1993 300SE

I have replaced water pumps on american and many foreign cars but not on a mecedes. I am looking for information on how to replace the water pump on a 93 300 SE. From what little I can find it is more involved than on my 93 F350 Diesel :).

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tony Peterman

Reply to
Tony Peterman

Remove fan cowl crack 3 bolts holding steering pump pulley losen belt tension remove belt remove steering pump but leave conected to lines unblot tensioned damper remove tensioner unit remove steering pump bracket (held on by alen screws, you may have to grind them off as i did) remove thermostat and associated hoses remove water pump (alen screws again and TIGHTalso difficult to get at, hense all the removals) re fitting is a reversal of removal, but make sure you fit new "O" rings seals. Suggest using a felxible gasket paste to ensure that you have a water tight seal.

total job took me 6 hours. Just dont want to do it again, its a B*****d of a job.

Reply to
Old_Man