Wind shield motor

I have a 1989 560 SEL. The wiper motor went on me in the last rain storm and I want to replace motor. I have a couple of questions first to ask the group:
WHERE EXACTLY IS THE WIPER MOTOR? CAN A DIY'er DO THE REQUIRED JOB? IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD BE MADE AWARE BEFORE I DELVE INTO THE UNKNOWN?
I will appreciate any help.
TIA,
Bill