Rock Chips

I've had my 2007 Cooper S for less than three months and already have three good-sized rock chips in the windshield. Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I just extremely unfortunate? I had the first one repaired, the other two happened over the last week.

Reply to
Eric in TN

The little guys sure get beat up by the rocks and stuff. Probably a function of where you live, and the road conditions, etc. Good info here, search for windshields.

daddy

Have not had any problems in 3 years.

Reply to
grinder

My husband has a 2006 Cooper S and it's had it's windsheild replaced twice. i Basically once a year.

-Margaret

Reply to
Margaret St. John

Glad to know it's not just me. Thanks to all who replied.

Eric

Reply to
Eric in TN

Eric in TN wrote in news:1192969796.845391.252160 @k35g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

MINI windshields suck.

I went through 4 OEM windshields in 3 years in my Cooper before finally going with PPG glass instead. They just kept cracking, and I don't drive my car hard. It's been a year and a half with the PPG with no problems.

Reply to
Rilian

Wow! I guess I need to look into getting a PPG windshield. Thanks!

Reply to
Eric in TN

yep, solid windshield.

daddy