2000 Montero Sport Front Windshield Washer Tank

Threaded View

I have just bought a 2000 Montero Sport. Didn't notice before I bought it
but there is no tank for the front windshield Washer. Also no pump. Anyone
have any info. where I can get one and where it should be installed? Also I
don't see an elec. plug for the pump.I need info.on how to hook up pump. The
rear wiper and washer works fine.

Re: 2000 Montero Sport Front Windshield Washer Tank

Ought to be one, as ALL vehicles have windshield washers. Trace the hoses
from the windshield washer jets to (presumably) an open hose end. Next check
with a wrecker for a replacement. You could also of course go to a dealer.

--
Stewart DIBBS
www.pixcl.com/lancerproject.htm

Re: 2000 Montero Sport Front Windshield Washer Tank

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:34:30 -0500, "Accord88carb5spd"

The tank is almost a 1 gallon tank. The location is just behind the
passeger headlamp. The only visible part of the tank is the filler
neck and cap right by the headlight housing. The rest is down below
this assembly. If missing, check forein parts type junk yards
(autorecycling yards)

Re: 2000 Montero Sport Front Windshield Washer Tank

Yes, it's definately missing. I can see where it should bolt down and have
the hose with the open end. What I don't see is where the pump would plug
in. Is there any chance the front would work off of the rear tank?
    thanks for all of the replies.

Re: 2000 Montero Sport Front Windshield Washer Tank

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 19:36:53 -0500, "Accord88carb5spd"

No It has it's own pump, I'll check mine and get back to you about the
details. I know this cause mine froze once. Went to jiffy type oil
change place one time in my life and they added watered down fluid to
the tank. Dealer replaced tank and pump for me.