93 Plymouth Colt Seatbelt Options

I have 2 problems with the driver side automatic shoulder belt in this car. The cable is frayed causing the retractor to be inoperable and the belt itself is frayed where it goes through the guide at the center console. I thought I had the first problem fixed by a recall but the dealer only replaced the track, not the cable. It was not covered by the recall. Anyone know how to fix these without spending more money than the car is worth?

Chris

Reply to
chris1379

Fit the non-motorised belts eg from the Canadian model. Or check with you local parts store for generic belts.

Stewart DIBBS, Ottawa, Canada

Stewart DIBBS