Does anybody here know about importing cars from Jersey?

As subject, there is something on Jersey that I quite fancy but IIRC there were a couple of things that need to be kept in mind when importing something from there. Unfortunately I can't remember what they were :/.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

May or may not help - but I've seen quite a lot of cars recently running around on Guernsey plates.

Is there some kind of loophole there I don't know about?

Reply to
SteveH

Is it Jersey where the maximum speed limit there is 40mph, and the place is so small enough that there's no point in exceeding that anyway? Or am I way off the mark?

Something that's never gone above 40 in its life has its plusses and minuses, I guess....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Not that I know of, but if you google around you'll notice that people go on about having to pay VAT on cars imported from the CI.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Given the mileage of the car I'm looking at, my guess is that it spent quite a lot of time in mainland Europe. It's not really something you buy to pootle down to the shops.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

A few years back I spent a couple of weeks on Jersey looking after someone's house while they were away. Yes, it's possible to exceed 40 ;)

I remember seeing, amongst other things, a Viper and a Gallardo driving around St. Helier and I could help but wonder what the point was.

Reply to
Abo