Haven't sorted the exhaust leak, but I have gotten round the lumpy idle.

After tightening the dump valve adjustment, that didn't help. After turning the AFM in it's clamp so that it wasn't as easy to open the flap due to gravity, it helped a little, but not much. Got the manual out, and looked at how to adjust the idle speed, and check the working of the Idle Control system.

Went back to car, found adjustment screw, and below it a short length of vac hose between the TB and the cam cover.

It wasn't just split, it was broken in two (must have happened when I replaced the rocker cover bolts last week. Replaced that, idle improved, but not perfect.

Adjusted the speed (the cover stopper was already missing someone had played before).

Should idle at 600-800. Now idles roughly 800, 850 when stopping after a fast WOT run, and quickly drops back to 800. Occasionally will bounce down to arround 700, or 650 with the lights on, but much better than before and no hint of stalling.

I guess, there was me thinking the DV was causing it wo momentarily richen and confuse things.

When infact it was the broken hose letting extra air in, and weakening things.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

due to gravity, it

working of the Idle

hose between the TB

the rocker cover

drops back to 800.

much better than

confuse things.

eh wasn't expecting that :) nicely fixed it seems though! got any mods planned for the celica? i'm starting to think about what i want to do with the MR2 turbo next year and i think i'm gonna get some coil overs probably H&R and sort stabalising bars and strut braces ect. then mess with the power later when i can afford to, should be able to reach 260bhp to 300bhp easily

Reply to
Vamp

for the celica? i'm

think i'm gonna get

then mess with the

Depending on if the exhaust leak gets any worse, will get it sorted. I've replaced the gearbox end of the shifter cable bushes with brass ones, as the original rubber/plastic was getting a bit manky, and things like hitting reverse was a bit wonky. Sorted now. Shifts like a new car again.

Have fitted the dump valve, next thing is a proper decent calibrated PSI boost gauge. After that is in, I think an MBC is definatley the minimum way forward, although the guy on Ebay that I bought the dumpvalve from (5400rpm) sells the Sard trigger. It's a digital boost gauge in a standard gauge mount but includes a full EBC, with two different stages, peak record etc. I need to check out the price, and work out how to plumb/wire it, but it looks the best bet.

Also going to talk to Tubetorque to find out what a decent Decat and elbow will cost (one that includes the proper CAT mounting points rather than just hang from the turbo), and either a Tubetorque or Mongoose 2.5" system.

Then I get to start on the CarPC and really go to town with what I know. I have almost everything I need to get it running, just need to mould a screen surround.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

planned for the celica?

and i think i'm gonna

ect. then mess with

the original

bit wonky. Sorted

gauge. After that

on Ebay that I

boost gauge in a

record etc. I need

will cost (one that

and either a

have almost everything

sounds good to me, no plans of upping the boost then?

Reply to
Vamp

planned for the celica?

and i think i'm gonna

ect. then mess with

the original

bit wonky. Sorted

gauge. After that

on Ebay that I

boost gauge in a

record etc. I need

will cost (one that

and either a

have almost everything

Thats what the Sard trigger or an MBC would do. Because I'm lanning a CarPC install using the whole double din for the screen, wedging a load of controller into the second slot won't work like normal, but the trigger fits into gauge mount.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar