new kia farking ell

just seen the ad for the ceed or whatever kia are calling their latest bit of tosh,

one thing caught my ears.

7 YEAR WARRANTY.

FFS 7 years. damn they must be confident

Reply to
Rob

Not confidence - desperation.

Reply to
SteveH

I like the look (looks a bit punto/stilo), but I want to know how they drive, if they expect it be with me for 7 years.

Mind you, the Magentis is growing on me. Has been for a while.

Reply to
Elder

7 Years on the engine/transmission, 5 years on everything else.
Reply to
Iridium

They're still shit, though.

The whole warranty thing is just a marketing ploy to get people to buy them..... the only people who'll keep a Kia for 7 years are old giffers who drive about 2 miles a week, so they're highly unlikely to have to pay out under warranty.

Reply to
SteveH

A bit like a certain company that sells their own badged version of another of the groups car and stuffs it full of toys as well as lowering the price by 25%?

Reply to
Conor

Just so that vertain members of their driver group can stand their with the 25% more expensive version, chest puffed out, pointing and proudly boasting "STD!!".

Reply to
Elder

The whole Skoda vs VAG pricing is a myth, too.

An Octavia has a few extra toys compared with the Passat, but has cheaper trim and isn't *that* much cheaper - however, the depreciation on the Skoda is significantly worse.

If you compare the Octavia with a Jetta, which is about the same size, then there's nothing to pick between them.

Besides, Skodas are for pikeys who can't afford the VW equivalent. Everyone knows that :-P

Reply to
SteveH

I'd rather have a Ka. Seriously. With window winders and no Aircon.

Reply to
Iridium

Yeah, but the last person who paid for an STD was unlucky enough to get busted for Kerb crawling, that same night.

Reply to
Elder

*snort*
Reply to
DervMan

No it isn't. You pay a grand or so more for something with a VW badge that has less toys than an equivalent use Skoda vehicle. Adding to match specification shows that VW cars are relatively tight, equipment wise.

It has many extra bits and pieces.

The new one? Barely. The current Passat is a disappointment. I prefer the older generation. I suspect you do too.

No, the expected depreciation, artificially inflated by lease companies, shows the Skoda in a poorer light.

Give it a few years and we'll see.

Reply to
DervMan

Kia are doing an offer where you get £20 if you test-drive one.

I'm booked to test-drive a Magentis this week!

David

Reply to
David Lane

Let me know what you think of it.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:This Mortal Coil-The Apartments, "Mr.=20Somewhere"

Reply to
Elder

I'd have one of these though:

Abo

Marketing spin. They won't have to pay out on a warranty that length any more than they would on a 5 year one.

Reply to
Abo