Ooooh, Alpina!

Possibly not real - the little metal plate with number is missing.....

There's a lovely E28 528i on there, too, at the moment.

Must stop looking at E28s...... I'll end up buying one!

Reply to
SteveH

I reckon it needs about =A31k to put right (about =A3800 for properly fitte= d=20 roof alone). I don't have that much to hand right now. If I did, I would probably do it, get the rest of the running gear=20 checked over and keep it. 30MPG, 130MPH and wind in my hair aint to be=20 sneezed at. because of the usual chips it could probably do with a=20 windscreen too, but that is what glass cover is for, and the screen=20 would need to come out to get the welding done anyway. As it is, it is worth about =A32-3k condition/age/work done.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2
[...B9 3.5...]

Plaque is not important if the VIN is right and/or on record - I'm not sure is Sytner built cars have ALPINA WAP* VINs with the shell's BMW WBA* VIN scribed out, but if it's Buchloe built as claimed it should have both - a new one can be issued. Sytner's record keeping was not too brilliant though...

B9 motor should be easy enough to verify - 10.2:1 CR, 268degree cam, hemi-head...

The autos do 0-100km/h in 6.4-6.8s depending on the final drive. :)

...and an M535i.

The B2.8 is still worth having, even if it is ALPINA-lite.

Alistair J Murray

Yep, I was just plain wrong... But in my defence, I'm clearly not the only one, as googling 'Renault Alpina' throws up quite a few sites.

Nick

Reply to
NickD

Considering that between them they've probably made fewer cars than Toyota make in a week there's no shame in not knowing. :)

A recent B10 and a hot A110 would make a great personal fleet...

Alistair J Murray