Re: Offer on the R5 - Gutted

She'll get over it.

Do it you pussy whipped, under the thumb, spineless :D

It'll be awesome :D:D

Reply to
DanTXD

sheds can be quite comfy

and the mi16 pug RAPID

raced a few in the nova

and lost

sod what she says its ultra practical bits are cheap as chips for servicing and replacement parts easy sourced

go for it :)

you made the fatal mistake you mentioned the mi to her :)

FOOOOl \ shoulda said guy wants to swop me a pug 205 1.9 diesel or sommat :) :)

then oops guy turns up mi16 deals done before she objects scams a good un

but seriously wicked machinery

if i had ever wanted a comparable beast to the valver nova with less rot and better handling a 205 mi is what i would have had :)

Reply to
Rob

But the thing is we really *do* need a cheap to run workhorse :o(

He wants 250 quid on top of the R5 for the 205. She says if he'll do a strait swap I can have it :o)

fingers crossed...

Reply to
Mason

agreed. seriously rapid and handle amazingly. I've driven one before just never owned one.

And the spec on this car sounds awesome.

******

Spent a lot of time and effort on this car over the last year but Ive decided to start another project and this has to go first.

Started life as a 1987 1.9 GTI. Conversion carried out by myself this year. Car has done 118,000 miles.

Spec as follows:

1.9 16V engine 98,000 miles. Engine seated at correct angle with reangled manifold and custom made downpipe. Magnex exhaust. Lowered -35mm on Spax adjustables. EBC discs up front with redstuff pads. Sparco strutbrace. Corbeau Forza Sport bucket seats Sparco 3-point harnesses. Stripped interior. Kent Cams Ported and polished head after full refurb

theres more but thats all I can remember.

I have two pics and the enigne and bodywork look awesome,.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Vamp decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Bollocks, Sunbeam Lotus. :-)

Um, I raced a Mi16 engined 205 in my old Golf GTi and kept up with no real trouble...

Get a Golf.. FFS.

Reply to
Pete M

buy it

buy a set of webber 48's

buy earplugs

mix all 3

enjoy

Reply to
Rob

why do you think we're getting id of the R5?

Reply to
Mason

Either the guy was lying and it wasn't an Mi16, or he wasn't trying.

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Well, I saw the engine, and I'd say 110-120 mph was trying, as it was a Welsh B road.

Guy driving it was very very upset when I said "that goes well for a 1.6" to him, he proceeded to tell me all about all the mods and how it was 175 bhp.

He was convinced my Golf had a G60 motor in until I opened the bonnet.

Reply to
Pete M

Email him, paypal him the 250, and tell him to not mention it when he drops it off ;) And tell the missus it was a straight swop :D

Reply to
DanTXD

that's being considered allthough chances are she'd notice because this month we truly are skint...

Apparently this month we *needed* a new three piece suite (£1300 *faint*) and we also needed a new entertainment (TV DVD etc) cabinet which she promptly accidently set fire too avec some xmas decorations and a candle.

Uber skint this month she *would* notice £300

Mason

Reply to
Mason

*snort*

205bhp. Doubt it very much.

Reply to
SteveH

Tis possible, the Mi16 lump is a good 'un.

That Norweigian rally cross lunatic, wassisname, Martin Schanche... used to get 800+ bhp out of Turboed ones.

Reply to
Pete M

Get em posted then :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Yes, but we're talking about something that's being swapped for £250 and a s**te old R5 Turbo. Hardly likely to be a decent one, is it?

Reply to
SteveH

I doubt it too. thats why I said "claimed"

Alltho it will be quick enough :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Well he has gone to the effort of fitting it properly, getting the custom bits so it sits at the right angle, not just getting it close as possible and doing a 'That'll do' job. So it might be :)

Reply to
DanTXD

it's totally achievable :o). If it's not that quick If i get it then it soon will be ;o)

Reply to
Mason

It'll certainly be nippy.

Reply to
Pete M

ever thought about ebaying the mrs? she sounds the one that's costing you the most :)

£1300 for a three piece suite! whats wrong with a couple of deck chairs and a bean bag?
Reply to
Vamp