The total extent of repairs needed on the Saab,

a soft top, and as it needs to come out to do the surround, and has some chips in, a new screen. Everything else is solid, works as it should and no faults. The drivers side is surface only and a grind back, treat, fill and paint would cure that, the passenger side needs metal cutting out and welding in. I've checked and the structural support is clearly visible under the bonnet and totally rot free.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Have you had a quote to get is sorted?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Not yet. TBH, the one guy I could afford to do it (the welding) does a strong=20 job, but it tends to be messy MOT plate repairs which can't be seen from=20 the top. The guys that do the full on restos are usually (when I've had quotes=20 for other cars) cost about twice what he does. i know from the ammount=20 of welding, filling and shaping it will need, never mind screen=20 replacement, that we are looking about =A3100 for him to do a quick cheap= =20 job. I'm broke for repairs, and I've kind of lost heart with it.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Not yet. TBH, the one guy I could afford to do it (the welding) does a strong job, but it tends to be messy MOT plate repairs which can't be seen from the top. The guys that do the full on restos are usually (when I've had quotes for other cars) cost about twice what he does. i know from the ammount of welding, filling and shaping it will need, never mind screen replacement, that we are looking about £100 for him to do a quick cheap job. I'm broke for repairs, and I've kind of lost heart with it.

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I was tempted to use epoxy metal to tidy it. But I'm not that evil.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2