What's the FASTEST car you've ever driven?

Several on Autotrader for a quarter of what they cost new. Is that not a fraction?

Reply to
Grant

Utter bollocks, lowest price I can find for one is £40,000 which is two thirds of the price when new.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ah, "new XJR". My mistake. I managed to read it as XKR which you do appear to be able to get for 16k.

Reply to
Grant

2/3 looks like a fraction to me. ;)
Reply to
Depresion

But not "heavy depreciation" as originally claimed.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It is if it's only one week old :)

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
LordyUK

Yes, but the car in question wasn't one week old.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well, one and a half weeks then. Hardly anything in it.

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
LordyUK

I know, but no details have been supplied no age despite prodding and I=20 can't be arsed to go searching for 'fictional' cars.

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
LordyUK

Why not learn to ask for what you want inst4ead of posting bizarre asides? The car in question was the earliest model, 2003.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I can't remember saying that I wanted anything, I was just responding to the tiny amount of information that you could be arsed to post.

Reply to
LordyUK

" but no details have been supplied no age despite prodding"

Sounds like you wanted a response.

Give me a call when your two braincells manage to make a connection.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
dojj

they don't go round corners to well do they :)

Reply to
dojj

ppc has seen them at the £5k mark

Reply to
dojj

quickest car I've driven has got to be a lotus Carlton quickest I've been is the 175+ in the estate quickest car I've been driven in is my mates 911 turbo 4 of the very new vintage (which technically makes it a 996 but who gives a shit about numbers eh :) )

Reply to
dojj

Yes for a six cylinder 12 year old XJ40 bodied XJR, heck you can probably pick those up for less than a grand by now. The *new* XJR, aluminium bodied, supercharged, blindingly bloody fast, is however one of the slowest depreciating Jags evr and gives the German cars a run for their money. 30% depreciation over three years is less than an M5 for example.

Reply to
Steve Firth

but it's got a supercharger on the engine and counts dones't it :) second hand is still second hand, even if you buy an ex dealer demo :)

Reply to
dojj

No, because the OP specifically asked about the new XJR, not any XJR.

Reply to
Steve Firth

the OP's OP didn't ask about a NEW version ;)

Reply to
dojj