Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is currently the fastest Car Ever

The car is built by Volkswagen AG subsidiary Bugatti Automobiles SAS in its Molsheim (Alsace, France) factory and is sold under the Italian/ French Bugatti marque...

bosad87

So you've been watching the telly last night?

Maybe you'd like to get your facts right first - ThrustSSC is officially the fastest car ever, recorded at over 760 mph. Makes your Bugatti look a bit pathetic, eh?

Now go spam somewhere else...

Reply to
Andy

Sadly, he just did, to u.r.c.misc...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I rather doubt he has a Bugatti, that and it rather depends on your definition of car, you could put a strong argument for The Spirit of 76 as the fastest car as apposed to non flying jet fighter.

Reply to
Depresion

why not torture the poor sod before you shoot his kids and then himself

OK he missed something like fastest road going car that can be purchased ew - BIG DEAL

just look at the price of cucumbers - now that is something to get VERY annoyed about :-)

Reply to
Tommy

In message , Depresion writes

OK, I'm listening to your strong argument........ let's hear it.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I presume your argument is that because it had jet engines it was an aircraft (minus the wings), and not a car? And I suppose the Spitfire wasn't an aircraft, but a cunningly disguised super-car with wings, after all it had a supercharged V12 water cooled piston engine?! ;)

Reply to
Andy

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Andy, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Nah, it's just a Septic who can't understand that the "Brits" kick arse at LSRs.

Reply to
Pikey Pete

It isn't even the fastest stock body.

Peter Hill

Thrust as the name suggests is not wheel driven but propelled by the twin thrust of some mighty fine jet engines, The Spirit of 76 is wheel driven, simply defining a ThrustSSC as a car because it has 4 wheels would include the chair I'm sitting on.

Reply to
Depresion

Did the Spitfire (not the Triumph one) propel it's self by using it's wheels? Actually I sometimes think that question could be put to the Triumph range.

Reply to
Depresion

I hope you aren't suggesting I'm American, that's just insulting. Hopefully we will have the proper LSR back soon and for a car built just up the road propelled by a pair of (rather tweaked by Ricardo) JCB TDi lumps. On that subject did anyone else go to the CFD talk by MIRA this year including why it didn't take the record for "reciprocating piston engine, wheel driven cars" (other than the fact it's a long car but you still can't fit the FIA title on the side), it's slippery enough and powerful enough to pass the current record but they couldn't find anyone who would supply a set of boots for a run that quick for fear of a law suit if something went wrong. Could have been worse they could have said we will do the run in Italy, now that would have put a stop to it.

Reply to
Depresion

In message , Depresion writes

Hang on a minute, you are coming up with your own definition of "a car", namely that it has to have driven wheels. While I accept that the vast majority of cars do have driven wheels, it is certainly not a prerequisite.

Think about where the word "car" comes from. Car......Motor Car.....Motorised Carriage...... Carriage....... get it? The first carriages were horse drawn. No driven wheels there, the carriage was propelled rather than driven, a bit like Thrust SSC in fact.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

So would you say an enclosed mobility scooter is a car? It's enclosed and has

4 wheels and is self propelled.
Reply to
Depresion

In message , Depresion writes

If you wanted to call it a car then I wouldn't argue with you.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

That's as much a 'stock' body as NASCARs

Reply to
ThePunisher