5 long weeks...

until my 2007 Mustang GT is delivered. This is gonna be worse than waiting for Christmas. I've already been driving the wife crazy for months over this car.

My new pony:

2007 Mustang GT (Premium) 5 speed manual Vista blue / dark charcoal leather interior Interior Upgrade Package with the Charcoal Aluminum panel Side Air Bags Spoiler delete option (I have plans for an aftermarket ducktail spoiler) Comfort Group (heated / dual power front seats, chromatic mirror) --> new option for 2007 3.55 limited slip differential (now an option on 2007, manual transmission cars) Shaker 500 / 6 CD changer stereo (standard on premium GT)

The only bad news is giving up my 1993 GT that I've driven for nearly 14 years now, and 189,000 miles. I just don't have the space to keep it. My wife's 1998 Contour SVT takes up the other garage space. Anyway, let the countdown begin!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Smith

meggers

What about the weight difference? the 2007 is 700 pounds heavier than the

1993, which should eat up 70 hp or so. I'm still driving my 93, supercharged, but seems like most of the extra parts are falling off due to age.
Reply to
Chumley

Sounds like a cool new feature for the 2007 or 2008 model year....

Let's have Ford market that as:

"Active Weight Reduction"

FORD Marketing Blurb: "As your High-Performance pony ages, and the engine no longer produces as much Horsepower, the new "Active Weight Reduction System" Computer will calculate how much of your vehicle's non-essential components to shed to compensate. Once a component is selected, the bolts will shear and your old parts will simply fall away harmlessly onto the highway, without needing you to bother with disposal.. This way you will always get the same neck-snapping performance you have come to expect from Mustang... Even if you are burning a quart of oil each day, or running on only 7 cylinders.. "

:-)

Tony

2006 GT Convertible (Premium) Satin Silver Dark Charcoal Leather w/ interior upgrade Shaker 500
Reply to
tony

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:32:19 -0400, tony puked:

LOL. When you only have a driver seat and the dash left, you might consider servicing it...

lab~rat >:-)