'69 coupe rear glass install question

I bought a new seal (weatherstrip if you prefer) for my rear glass. It came with no instructions. I'm given to understand that a butyl sealer should be used with the seal, but where? Glass-to-seal? Seal-to-body? Both? I'd appreciate anyone who can help or point me to on-line instructions. Thanks much.

Reply to
Jeff Jaynes

You are actually going to need it in both places, no matter instructions might tell you. My best advise is to take it to a glass shop and have them install it... it should only cost about $40.... a bargain, given the hassle factor.

Reply to
Mustang_66

There are step by step instruction in the 5 volume Ford Shop manual. They are available from any of the Mustang parts vendors. Buy one, they are essential.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

Well, don't I feel like a dope! I already have that stack of books...guess I would have remembered if I'd bought them, rather than receiving them along with the car.

By the time I'm an official senior citizen I won't remember how to feed myself anymore! Sheesh!

Anyway, thanks for the memory jolt.

Jeff Jaynes