69 fastback glass

I am trying to find the measurements for installing the door glass in the tracs of a 69 mach1. The glass popped out and I think it might have been caused by the glass not installed in the correct location. I have several manuals but none of them give this information. Thanks, Wendell

Reply to
wam

"wam" wrote

So you have the early glue in glass. What a total PITA! Lucked out on my '69 got the late bolt in windows THANK GOD!

AFAIK there aren't any "measurements". Get the door panel off, buy the correct 3M adhesive, do NOT remove anyreamining adhesive still on the door or in the channel. Just make sure it's clean with any grease or dirt removed. I suggest brake cleaner. Dries clean without any residue.

Set the glass in there with the scissors all the way up. Test fit by sliding the glass forward and back until it fits where it needs to. Carefully lift the glass out of one of the channels, apply adhesive to the channel and set the glass back in. Let it set so one side is locked, then apply adhesive to the other channel and let set.

I had to do the same thing on my '68 Ranchero. the glue in stuff is a complete PAIN IN THE ASS!

Scott W. '68 Ranchero '69 Mustang TS#57

Reply to
Blue Mesteno

Have the same problem on my '69. I have since bought the scissors and glass out of a '70 which are bolt in windows...

MAZ

Reply to
Mark Zimmerman