Windshield glass install on Camry

I plan to have this family owned repair shop to install a new windshield on my 2001 Camry. It's about $60 cheaper than the dealer. Is this a simple task that almost any repair shop can do? Or is it better to have the dealer or an auto glass shop to do it?

Reply to
steph

I would not consider any windshield repair from anybody that didn't do windshields as their main line of work. There is nothing worse than a leaky windshield. The work comes from the removal of the old glass, making the new glass stick is a matter of applying enough glue. But, people that deal in windshields do it all day long, and they have the most and best experience.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Dealers often farm that type of work out any way - did you check to see if your insurance would cover it. Mine (State Farm) covers windshield replacement 100% with NO deductible. Even the independent shop should give you a year or 2 warranty against leaks. If it does leak it entails installing a new windshield (since with new glues it becomes a part of the car's structural integrity.

Reply to
Wolfgang