Engine Swap

I have a 69 Mustang with a 250 6-cyl. I would like to replace that with a

302 V-8. Will it bolt up to the existing 3 speed manual tranny?
Reply to
dchi2201

On Sat, 21 May 2005 23:59:21 -0500, "dchi2201" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Nope

Reply to
ZombyWoof

No. And even if it did, you wouldn't want to. In a heavy car like that, the extra torque of the 302 will kill it quick. OTOH, a T5 will be a pretty simple bolt in affair.

Reply to
.boB

I had a 81 Mustang I put a 351W into that had a 200 inline originally. Some of the 250s had the same bellhousing as the V8s if I remember correctly, but the others may be right. Maybe it was a 240. Anyways if you're going the 302 route, why not just up it to a 351W. Its a much better motor and would move the heavier 69 easier. Those years they had big blocks even. Lots of parts for a 351W.

Reply to
Scott