Magnaflow...too good to be true?

I was reading the post about exhaust systems, and I decided to check out a couple of websites. The Magnaflow site claims 22.9 hp and 25.4 ft-lb on an

03 Cobra. That seems like an awful lot from an exhaust system. Is this a realistic expectation from an exhaust system (any, not just Magnaflow). If not, what could one reasonably expect from a good aftermarket system?
Reply to
Ken and Amy Andrews

Not realistic for most cars, but for the '03 Cobra...yes. The '03 Cobra is corked up pretty good on the exhaust side. A good catted X or H pipe and a catback will make alot more power on them. Do the same to an NA Cobra or GT and you'll see much lower gains. Catbacks on NA cars are good for less than

5 hp usually. They're mainly changed for sound. The midpipe (X or H) wil net you more power - maybe 10 to 15 hp on a GT.
Reply to
Keith
22.9 is hp increase is only a 6% gain. Remember you have a lot of HP going in. It depends on how good the stock system is. I don't know that, but it is not too restrictive given it would be a low cost way of getting more HP out of the Cobra. John
Reply to
jriegle