New Mustang Looking Boss!

Check out the gold Ford Racing Performance Mustang, especially the 4th photo in the gallery for this car. Try to tell me it couldn't be a new Boss 302 car.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

cobra boy

Hard to call it a Boss 302 without a 5.0. :-)

Did they use the old 5.0, or did they put in the cammer 5.0? I didn't read up on it.

JS

Reply to
JS

That's not the pushrod 5.0L...it's a $15,000 modular 4-valve engine named the "Cammer"...puts out 400 hp

Order one today ;)

http://t>Nice stang I wonder why they used the 5.0 in it? I love the way the outside

Reply to
Dinsdale

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Not bad, but did you see Jay Leno's twin turbo Toronado?!? Whoa!

Joe

Reply to
cobra boy

I gotta say this...as big a Mustang fan as I am, this '05 car is gonna need aftermarket help to make it look presentable to these eyes...nothing too pimped out, but SOMETHING....

Reply to
tom

I'm curious, Tom. What year Mustang gets your heart fluttering?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I have a '96 GT coupe that I still get a kick out of. But I also like the '99-'04s. Particularly the 2004...the last model year built in Dearborn...my home town. The ultimate, of course, would be a '65 fastback.

Reply to
tom

I say give the '05s a little time. I think you'll find you warm up to them pretty darn quick. I really liked the '99-'04 cars, especially the Bullets and Mach 1s, but after seeing the new '05s suddenly the Fox-4s look so dated. And after test driving an '05, they really feel dated too.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I got a chance to see one yesterday at the dealer. And believe me when I tell you that it confirmed my worst fears. Of course, it was a standard V-6...and white with gray interior. It just looked like a "white body" waiting for a transformation. I'll re-evaluate after I check out a GT...or Cobra. I want to like this car...and it'd be no problem with the lady of the house bringing one home..."it HAS to be a convertible, though"...her words, not mine!

Reply to
tom

Yeah Tom, a vanilla white V6 model isn't the one to base your opinion on.

We have two new GTs in our neighborhood, one in black the other a deep blue. Let me tell you, they look SWEET! And wait until you hear the exhaust note, I think it's one of best sounding new cars I've heard yet.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I sat in an '05 at the Boston Auto Show the other day, All this business of "it re-creates the feelings of the '64 1/2 Mustang" is true! It feels like a cheap car!

I don't like the front end and grillwork and am especially put off by the cheap aluminum stampings in the interior.

I'll keep my Bullitt, thanks.

Reply to
Joe Doaks

Reply to
Canadian Musclecars

Reply to
Canadian Musclecars

Far too tasteful. ;^) StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

"Canadian Musclecars" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com:

Obviously, you have no sense of heritage with that comment. I don't see a spec of rice, just a nice paint job that matches a winning racer... (try reading about it before jumping to conclusions)

AS follows from MSN Autos:

At SEMA Ford announced Mustang will return to the track with a new performance parts and competition program. This Ford Racing Mustang show car was on display at SEMA, painted to match the Bud Moore Racing Trans Am cars that raced in 1970. Photo: Ford Motor Company

Now don't you feel chagrined for calling it rice...

Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner

Reply to
test