Check out the 2005 Ford Mustang GT

This car KICKS ASS !! 300 horse power. I test drove one today and this car is a MUST HAVE.

Reply to
VAN HALEN

I saw one on the dealer's lot. I'm going for a closer look tomorrow. It will be a couple years until I can get one as I just got my 03 GT 14 months ago.

It's nice to have the base V8 with that much HP. If Ford continues later with versions like the Mach1 and SVT Cobra, we really have something to look forward to. 260HP is enough for me right now. 300HP is only a 15% boost. if the car is that much heavier, There goes the benefit. It still looks good on paper.

If gas prices don't come down, we may never see the special versions. I wonder how the V8's will fare in this economy. People tend to associate V8's with gas guzzling. I'm constantly getting 23mpg in mixed driving in mine - just as good as many midsized V6 family sedans. I bet I'd hit 28 on the interstate as some have claimed.

John

Reply to
JohnR

I did a web search of my local dealer's inventory, and it showed that they had a GT. I called, he said yes it was there.

2 hours later I went to see it, and it was sold and gone. He said a woman came in, test drove it, bought it on the spot and drove it away.

Anyway, I told him I'd only be interested in the convert., and he said Ford won't even talk about it until they make that initial wave of coupe sales.

Reply to
Mitch

Reply to
Tony Alonso