Oh the horror! I wanted to cry...

Dropped the car off at the shop to get the new R & P put in and the new tires mounted. I told Steve (another Mustang guy and the manager of a huge chain of tire stores in OKC) that he would have to bang a socket onto the lock nuts of the back wheel because the key had been lost for a long time. He knew what to do and said no problem.

The shop employees however, didn't. They went ahead and worked on the car without a nod from Steve. Here is the result...

There are pics of the old and new stuff etc, but the ones to pay attention to are the rims shots. My buddy, the manager, was feeling soooooo bad. He bought a new rim, which will be here on Monday and he knocked off half the price of the labor. I was kinda getting a REALLY good deal on labor anyways...so his solution was fine by me. I know he would not have done this himself, and I know he felt extremely bad for what happened.

I should have known something was going on when I cam back with the new starter and NOBODY in the shop would look at me or talk to me. I guess carrying a gun and being a really big guy tends to freak people out when they know you are going to be mad.

Anyhow, he fixed the situation, and everything is fine for now. I just hope the rim that comes in on Monday doesn't have ANY damage on it.

Don Manning

P.S. I wonder what he did to the shop employee?

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

at 03 Apr 2004, 2.3Sleeper [ snipped-for-privacy@mwcmustangs.com] wrote in news:c4mn2r$2k5a95$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-165082.news.uni-berlin.de:

OMG! I would be extremely pissed if that was one of mine. The shop better buy me a new identical rim and adjust the bill. :-) Just like yours did.

Next time you see your bud, do inquire as to the fate of said eomloyee...

Reply to
Paul

Reminds me of the movie "Time to Kill" This definitely might have been a time to kill! The animal that did this should never be allowed to touch or even look at a wrench or move more than 100 feet near a car!

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

I started to take pics of the air hammer and chisel he used to do the damage with, but I was a bit to upset and left the shop.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Something tells me that The Pep Boys was on this guy's resume...

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

I can't get the link to work. Is that mwcmustangs as in midwest city? I was stationed right there at Tinker back in the mid 90's.

Reply to
Scott Williams

Yeah, that would be correct. As for the link not working, I don't know why it wouldn't. I have unlimited bandwidth usage.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Just look at the kid and very calmly and quietly, so low he almost has to strain to hear what you say, "I'm going to sit on your chest and use that impact hammer to reshape your teeth." LMAO. What a total idiot. I know it's good to be a "self starter", but if you do NOT know what to do, fuggin ASK someone. Geeze. Would the rim still be usable since all the damage is behind the hub cap?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Sorry, the link doesn't work for me either...

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Rein

Me neither. The connection times out for me. Maybe it's a Comcast thing?

Reply to
Garth Almgren

"Connection Refused"

Jdz

Reply to
Jdz

Reply to
Shannon Eiler

That's some kind of browser error page, It sends you to that anytime it can't find the page. :)

Jdz

message

Reply to
Jdz

Damn Don! That's a mess! The great thing is that your buddy is taking care of you. I just have trouble understanding why, when the guy working on the car realized that he was going to tear up the rim, he didn't stop and say something to someone.

Forrest Gump syndrome I guess.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

"The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

Reply to
Scott Williams

Considering the obvious damage, I'd head off to a differenct front-end shop just to see if the bastid din't f*** up that part of the install. I'd personally feel more comfortable.

Oh btw shoot the biotch.

Reply to
Jafo

Sorry to hear that you choose to live in such an environment.... all this time I thought society was relatively "free". If we need to carry weapons for self preservation, society is in sad, sad shape.

I see no need to brag up my prowess with a gun.... I can put dinner on the table (moose is a personal favourite but venison makes excellent burgers with some ground pork added) from a lot further than 75 feet.

Competition shooting I can see, been known to head out to the rifle range and throw away a box or three of 180 grain myself...... fortunately, I live in an area where I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder......

Getting back to Don... so he totes a gun into a store...... makes a deal out of it...... you guys solve everything with bullets???

Jim Warman

I just tried it again and it popped up faster than an X10 ad.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

You sir, very likely have spay ware on your system.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]