OT: If you were going to buy a SMALL SUV

Then what about a Hemi Magnum?

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

I would look for a used Explorer Sport. I haven't looked, but I would bet that there are a ton of nice 3 or 4 year year old Exploders coming off lease and demand for them is down due to gas prices.

mort

Reply to
Mort Guffman

C'mere REAL close so I can whisper in your ear

I DON'T WANT A FREAKING STATION WAGON!

there, that feels better.

The Magnum IS a good looking rig though, BUT it's higher priced and not four wheel drive. The little Liberty is said to be quite an adequite little rock climber. Something I must have is a 4WD that I can use. I used to drive 4WDs, switched to cars now I just wanna go back. There is just SO MUCH good four wheelin out here and SO MANY highway patrol, that I want to get my adrenalin rush some other way than running high speed down the highway.

It would be nice to have a vehicle that I didn't think I had to keep all primped up all the time too.

I'm going to go look at the Nissan too, that extra horsepower is pretty tempting.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks Mort. I custom ordered a Sport in 94. I liked it well enough, but don't think I would buy another one.

I am thinking new if I can, I'm tired of getting other people's leftovers. I'm such a pick butt. Out here everyone smokes too and I don't want one that has smokers breath.

: : On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 01:35:25 GMT, "SVTKate" : wrote: : : >Which would you choose, and why? : >Which would you avoid, and why? : >Oh, and in the $20-$25k range : >

: >Kate : >

:
Reply to
SVTKate

Kate, in all seriousness it sounds like you need/want a good ol' V8

4x4 pickup. My guess is that after you do some serious comparison shopping you'll narrow it down to an F150 or a Ram. They're going to be your best overall bargains.

"SVTKate" wrote in news:l3WSe.7271$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Reply to
Joe

Miami.

I'm almost as far south as one can get with out nearing the borders of the Conch Republic. :-)

patricia

Reply to
Snowy Rose

I have a 2000 Explorer Sport I'll trade you even on. Oh, do I need a Cobra. Had you only posted a week ago. I just started tearing down the motor in the '71.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Actually..... long pause. What I really want is a small SUV to haul family in, stuff in and do some off roading

Today I chose the Liberty Limited with the works. It will be here tomorrow.

: : "SVTKate" wrote in : news:l3WSe.7271$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net: : : >

: >

: > Thanks Mort. I custom ordered a Sport in 94. : > I liked it well enough, but don't think I would buy another one. : >

: > I am thinking new if I can, I'm tired of getting other people's : > leftovers. I'm such a pick butt. : > Out here everyone smokes too and I don't want one that has smokers : > breath. : >

: >: : >: On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 01:35:25 GMT, "SVTKate" : >: wrote: : >: : >: >Which would you choose, and why? : >: >Which would you avoid, and why? : >: >Oh, and in the $20-$25k range : >: >

: >: >Kate : >: >

: >: : >

: >

:
Reply to
SVTKate

Hah! poor Scott.

If you only KNEW....

I traded her in today for a Liberty.

The way I see it, I will hunt down a project car, and build one. Its more fun that way anyway.

: > Kate : >

: >

: :

Reply to
SVTKate

I think one of the prerequisets was four wheel drive and offroad capability.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Kate

I just purchased a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD. I evaluated the entire small SUV lineup, and though it was more expensive that some, I was more pleased with my test drive and research on it. My next choice in line was a similar equipped Jeep Liberty.

I've had my 06 FEH for almost 2 months now, and just passed the 2500 mile mark. I'm averaging 30 mpg will the AC on full blast, and 35 running around town in stop and go traffic. A average 15 gallon tank of dino oil takes me 425 mile (aka, time to fill up), with the digital gauges telling me I could have went much further (but the needle is almost touching the "E" in empty.

Its fully loaded, moon roof, 6 disc, navigation, 110V power outlet, leather, power everything. I've had it everywhere from stop and go traffic (where it gets its best gas mileage), to long highway trips (averaging 30 mpg with the AC full blast) to driving on the sands of the NC beaches (in electric mode, using no gas most of the time).

I nego the price to my liking, and got the dealership to give me the

7yr/100k full warranty at half of their advertised price. I waited until the end of the month to do all this (and would stop in periodically at the dealership to see my salesman's sales posted on a board to see if he was close to his quota :))

So far I'm very happy with it. No problems at all, a smooth transition from my Jeep Wrangler and LX Notchback (which have both been recently sold). Now all I'm worried about is slowly getting the 69 Mach1 together.

Chad

Reply to
Chad

"Chad" wrote in message news:nD8Te.68135$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com... : SVTKate wrote: : > Which would you choose, and why? : > Which would you avoid, and why? : > Oh, and in the $20-$25k range : >

: > Kate : >

: >

[...]

Sounds like you got a great little rig there Chad. Great mileage! I love that little trick about checking the board, but I didn't have that kind of time. How would you say that it compares to the Wrangler? I thought of a Cherokee, but they don't make them any more, now it's the Liberty.

Have you done any off roading with it?

I really liked the look of the Escape but after driving one awhile back I had pretty much decided against it because ot the softer suspension. I really want to take my Jeep (giggle -MY Jeep!! - giggle!- it gets here today-I am so excited!) off road and to play in the mud.

More than anything I am excited to know that I will have a vehicle that I can drive year round and don't have to worry so much about in the frequent rain storms that we have here. I won't have to dodge roadkill for fear it will hang up under the car.

I would have liked a hybred but had a certain spending limit and made myself stick to it. I'm actually quite proud of myself for staying within my budget. Ok, the payments are $12 a month higher than I wanted them to be BUT I got the extended bumper to bumper warranty and GAP insurance.

Reply to
Kate