OT:long, What kind of car to buy???

I know, i'd like that but the insurance is alot more expensive on a cobra. In fact, my insurance company won't even insure it for me so I would have to switch companies. I'll probably do that anyway though. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Gotcha. In that case, we're back to Mustangs. Foci are pretty utilitarian and more for the younger crowd. I'd rather drive my Beater than a Focus any day. A good used 98+ GT vert would fit your needs nicely. Finding one that isn't overmodded or beat to hell will be a challenge, but they're out there. Even the 98-99 Cobras are a pretty good deal. Just saw a '98 Cobra for sale on a lot the other day for $5995; black/black convertible. The paint was 85% and the tires were cheapies, but other than that, a bargain.

Happy Hunting!

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

Muhahahahaha!!! Good one, Phil. My neighor lady has one of these things, and according to her, it sucks mud even in the 'sub-nonextant-horsepower' catagory.

She only bought it because: (in order of importance)

  1. The local KIA dealer found a lender stupid enough to front her 10-grand, as she has a sub-600 credit score, ,000 in credit card debt and no assets.
  2. Like the rest of her, her ass is huge, and the seat was wide enough for her to wedge both cheeks in comfortably. The seatbelt probably needed an extension, but I have not verified this, nor do I want to.
  3. Her upwardly-mobile career demands she have dependable transportation. She's working the front counter at a local burger joint, BUT she may soon move up to French Fry Girl! Her future's so bright, she's gotta wear shades.
  4. Her age and status in life (she's 47) absolutely DEMANDS she drive an upscale vehicle. Driving to work in her hubby's primered '71 Datsun pickup just doesn't suit her zest for excitement.
  5. Her 20-yr. old daughter just bought an '02 Chevy Malibu, and she was not to be outdone by a kid with an even lower credit score, who was only ,000 in debt. What the hell, ya ain't gonna live forever, right?

LOL!

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

"Erik D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

You could always keep your eyes peeled for a low-mileage Fox car. They're far and few between, but there are still a few out there. Your only other option would be to go to a mod motor Mustang. But if you have the time, wait for what you _really_ want.

Joe

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! I spit my gum out on accident when I read your response, Erik!! LOL

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Umm.. JD... Erik IS the younger crowd ;-D amn... $5995.

I am up to my ass in this white monster!

85% | and the tires were cheapies, but other than that, a bargain. | | Happy Hunting! | | -JD |
Reply to
SVTKate

"Phillip Wendell" *advertized* . I don't | just drive a Rio, I also sell them. See you on the road! | | Phillip Wendell | Assistant Salesmanager | Alamo Kia of San Antonio, TX | |

Ummm... car club for men? A Kia? Gott pick myself up off of the floor now and clean the coffee off of my screen.

I gotta give you credit for balls Phillip. You must have your own personal fire department to risk a flaming like that.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

My friends, I see that some are not sold on the Kia brand. I sold a Rio about two weeks ago and I wish you could see the big smile on the driver's face as she left the lot. We try to make the purchase exciting for the customer as it is a big move becoming a car owner. There were a lot of hugs and high fives on that day.

It seems that the responders I heard back from lean towards more horsepower than the Rio. Maybe you have heard of the Spectra, but have you seen the NEW Spectra5? It has sport-tuned suspension, metal pedals and a spoiler. This is IN ADDITION to the 2.0L engine. This baby makes heads turn! Our monthly top seller gets to take one of these bad boys home for a month.

Maybe I STILL haven't gotten the word Kia buzzing in your head yet. Maybe our latest promotion will. Come test drive one of these fine autos and drive off with Shrek 2 on DVD when it comes out. The really got one of my cousins interested in a test drive...

See you on the road,

Phillip Wendell Alamo Kia of San Antonio

Reply to
Phillip Wendell

"Phillip Wendell" wrote

Lean towards more horsepower?? Well, how bout a SB which is more than 3 times the size of your 2.0 and produces in the neighborhood of 450 HP and

450 ft/lbs torque. Keep the rice boy pedals and the airplane wing. As for "sport tuned suspension"; why does everybody think that adding stiffer springs makes it "sport tuned"?

Turn away maybe. IMHO, the 69-70 Sportsroof is one of the the biggest *head turner* designs of all time.

Yeah, it's giving me a headache. Are you so thick you don't realize your in a Ford newsgroup?? Actually I think you do know, and are venturing into trolling.

Boy, if that's the ONLY reason to get interested about a test drive, then I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't want the car no matter what.

Maybe as I pass you.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Lots of hugs & high fives?? Are you gay?!?

2.0L enigne..... *gasp*. That makes me wanna go get a kia alright! Not. I'll stick with my V8, thanks. Makes heads turn... HAAAA.. turn in disgust maybe.

Nope.. you haven't. Only thing in my head right now is wondering how much more retarded you can make yourself look. And just to get somebody in one of those retarded vehicles, you're going to offer them a DVD. Amazing. You really are getting desperate!

As Scott passes you... and I'm right behind him.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

See what happens when I don't read every thread? I missed the chance to skewer this dork, twisting a rusty camshaft up his oft-abused bung to take the place of the spine that apparently dissolved shortly after birth.

Gee, I wish *I* could drive a car named Killed In Action. I might high fives and hugs from boys with camo undies.

Reply to
CobraJet

LMAO

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

The engine in the Kia has the same displacement as this bottle of soda:

Case closed.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Phillip Wendell) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Reply to
Joe

LOL!

Phillip, I know you're just having some fun with the lame salesman chatter here, and I for one appreciate the comedic relief.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

You mean he isn't really a dork? Oh boo-hoo.

Reply to
CobraJet

I don't know what is more disturbing; the fact that you spent the time to find this pic, or the sudden urge I have to change my name to "Forward Thinking" and put this whole paragraph in my sig.

Reply to
CobraJet

CobraJet wrote in news:151020042100303615% snipped-for-privacy@streetracer.sfv:

I spent all of about 30 seconds to find the pic. If it's disturbing to you, it sure as hell ain't my problem.

I really don't give a rat's ass what's in your sig. Whatever floats yer boat. Or das boot. Eh?

Joe

I just hope Pepsi has paid you well to spam the living shit out of this poor, ad-paranoid newsgroup.

I picked that up on DVD a couple months ago. It's in German with Yank subtitles; I can never sit still long enough to read the whole flick. Maybe a 6-pack of ABA will help.

Reply to
CobraJet

Oh, I'm 100% sure he's a dork, no question about it. He amuses us like a clown, and it was the first time this week I've laughed about anything. For this, I am truly thankful. Comedic relief is rare around here.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams
*Moons JD* :D