What kind of OBD-II

I just bought a used 03 DAK, with a 4.7, and automatic. What kind of Scanner should I get to keep track of what is going on? Where is a good place to buy performance parts to maybe get a little more HP out of it. I would like to make it run like my 96, 5.2 if I can. My first stop will be the muffler shop to improve the exhaust, what do you guys suggest next. TIA, Tom

Reply to
Tom R

I would buy the biggest K&N filter I could get. Should increase your HP by about 60%. Spray the truck with silicon, it'll make less drag, decreasing wind resistance and allow for better speed performance, even in the rain.

Reply to
MoParMaN

Reply to
David Norris

You can still buy Mopar 360 crate engines with somewhere around 400Hp. But, I'll still take my Turbo D over almost any gas engine..... (I have my eye on a 69 CObra GT in a small little town in central Texas. Ifn I ever win the lottery, I'm ginna buy it)

Reply to
MoParMaN

I've had good luck with the OBDScan product =

it will also support your '96 as well I believe. I like the fact that it doesn't= rely on a proprietary hardware tool that could become obsolete far more quickly = than a common platform such as the palm pilot or laptop pc, plus it is well supported = and reasonably priced.

AS far as performance enhancement to your rig, I am not as informed as = many in this group so I'll leave that topic for the others. I would suggest investigating = the dodgetalk.com site, particularly the truck engine forum regarding the engine sludge = issue that people have experienced on the 4.7 from time to time, if you have not already = done so.

Good luck with your new toy.

Joe Brophy CountryTech Computer email: snipped-for-privacy@spiretech.com

Reply to
Joe Brophy

Suddenly, without warning, Tom R exclaimed (5/1/2005 9:35 AM):

I may be mistaken, but I don't think you need a scanner. Switch the truck On-Off-On-Off-On (I think I have this right) and it'll display any codes the computer's throwing out. Works on my 2001 Dak.

Unless a scanner does more than tell codes, never used one.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Don't forget the propeller in the trailer ball hitch reciever.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

I got one for fathers day last year....My family sucks...

Reply to
MoParMaN