OT:Registering a domain name

What is a good place to register a domain name, provide url forwarding so the domain shows in the address box, and e-mail forwarding with an unlimited (or a large number) of addresses such as "whatever"@domain.com? I had a domain like this a few years ago, but searching the web I'm not sure about some of the companies I've come across. Anyone have a good trustworthy service you've been using? Thanks for the info.

Reply to
WraithCobra

I use

to register my domains then i use
to get the forwarding and DNS services. they also have e-mail forwading and such. godaddy is like 6 dollars a year and zoneedit is free for up to 3 domains.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

at 20 Feb 2004, WraithCobra [ snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com] wrote in news:c167jr$1fnui0$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-185605.news.uni-berlin.de:

I use

They charhe $15 a year and I know they provide URL forwarding. I'm very happy with them and have been for several years. There's $8 a year companies as well such as godaddy.com but I did not like their contract. Too much for them and none for me. :-)

Reply to
Paul

I've used

for every single domain I've registered (many) and I love it to death. They are $15/yr (more expensive) but the support is unbeatable. A lot of friends use GoDaddy.com and have no problems. Your call. GoDaddy is cheaper. How's the Cobra runnin?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Great! I'm still satisfied with the stock power, well I am running a K&N without the fender tube for a few extra horses. When I get permission, I want to add a MagnaFlow cat-back for better sound and another few horses. Maybe a new H with cats or a Predator after that but nothing major unless I plan on keeping it after I see the new SVT in '06. OTOH, It must look really fast. I got a ticket last week for 45 in a 45... She called it "Unreasonable Speed"... Yep, DC cops at their fineist... Cop said she was going 45, I know I was going 45 passenger verified it, only about 1 mph difference as I passed. It's not like there are other crimes for the DC cops to be preventing when my speedo is 1 mph different than hers, the bitch... And DC wonders why their cops get no respect....

Reply to
WraithCobra

I use my father in law.

All my sites have gone through him and I have had hardly any problems.

D> > How's the Cobra runnin?

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I imagine I'd be pretty damn satisfied with the stock power as well ;D. Lucky bastard !! ;D A cop gave you a ticket for 1mph difference? Holy CRAP that's stupid. I don't really like the look of the 06 model... but I've only seen pics online & not in person, so my mind may change when I see it up close & in real life.. who knows. Glad the car's still runnin great ;D.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

45 in a 45... sounds like you should fight that one. That's ridiculous. If your ticket says 45 in a 45..... Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying
Reply to
Rein

I thought I was screwed when I was tagged for doing 67 in a 65 zone; a ticket for doing 45 in a 45 zone should get the cop's wrist slapped.

Reply to
Bob Willard

wow--hard to believe they can handle domain names so cheaply!

Reply to
vince garcia

I recommend godaddy, they seem to have their act together. I have used a couple of other outfits, and they have given me problems, even had one domain name stolen at the time of registration, it was a mess.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Yeah I've heard nothing but good about GoDaddy.com so far. A couple friends both tried it recently and were given no problems... but I still use DomainNameSystems.com... they've been the best to me.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

If you aren't fighting your tickets, you have lots of money to burn and don't care. I fight everyone of them and get about half of them thrown out and about a 1/4 a reduced fine. I go about every other year to court. I have zero tickets on my record right now and only because I fight them. The last one I got cited for 71 in a 60. I'd fight 45 in a 45 in a heartbeat.

AnthonyS

Reply to
Anthony S

Oh, don't worry, I'll be fighting it.