Pre Buy Car inspection

Hi There,

As I'm planning to buy a 65-67 mustang convertible is the States and ship it over to Holland (sorry guys) I need some kind of independent car inspection to see if there's anything the seller "forgot" to mention, whch might make it an expensive mistake.

Seems I have 3 options:

- Fly over myself

- Call the local Ford dealer there and ask them to have a look at it

- Hire an inspection company to do it for me

The last options seems the best one. I searched the Internet and found 3 companies who are doing these things:

(US$ 349)
(US$ 350)
(US$ 79 / 179 / 259) Is there anybody who has experience with these companies or who knows other companies which are as good or better?

Thanks in advance & Greetings from Holland,

Michel

Reply to
Michel Wets

Hi Vince,

Thanks for your reply. I agree, it's a relatively simple car. The thing is: How do you find a good and decent mechanic over the Internet? I've been saving 3 years to buy a Mustang and would rather spend a bit more (what's 150$ extra on a 12.000$ car) and have some peace of heart.

gr, Michel

Reply to
Michel Wets

Michel,

Before I started doing antique automobile market and insurance appraisals, I had used the top two of these "pre-purchase" inspection companies. Both of them have a wonderful reputation in their field. The last one you have listed I've never heard of, and frankly, I would worry that their pricing is so low, that they may be using inexperienced people to inspect the cars in question. Either that, or they are not writing appraisals, just inspecting the automobile like any other used car inspector would......The old adage "you get what you pay for" is still in effect today........Wish you the best in your search, sometimes that's half the fun. need any assistance here in the NY/NJ area, let me know.........My pricing is right on par with the top two companies, and my specialty is in the Mustang/Shelby marketplace as those here can attest to.................

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

Michel Wets wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Thanks Kate!

I know I have to take these additional costs into account. It would be stupid to just buy a car like that without having it inspected.

The good thing about seeing it yourself is of course the "feel & look" of the car.

Michel

Reply to
Michel Wets