Sorry I've been so quiet lately...

I know what you mean. When I had my 5spd Ranger and the Buick, I tended to push with the left foot when I went to start it. I haven't had a manual transmission since I sold New NoOp back in late 1999.

I was surprised at the power of the little V6 too. We had to pull some hills going from the Kona side to the Hilo side, along with the passing opportunities on some of the wide open road.

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Yes, I never realized how big mine was until it was beside the WindsorFox in the garage then I came out of the mall and saw it "towering" over the other cars in the line LOL. The biggest seller to me was when I stick my foot out the door and put it on the ground, I'm standing.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

It was 72 all day today here.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Jealous, no, admiring your nice new set of wheels, yes.

Bill S.

dwight wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

OMG DON!!!! It's like 3:15 am and you just made me blush so hard that the room glowed red!

Kate

| > I hope that we hit some warm spots on our adventure where I can drop the | top | > and enjoy the trip. | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Oh Man... We should leave here on Turkey day... hope it holds

| > I hope that we hit some warm spots on our adventure where I can drop the top | > and enjoy the trip. | >

| > Kate | >

| | It was 72 all day today here. | | -- | Check out the gmaing & computer forums at the [SS] clan site. |

| | This post should NOT be included at horsepowered.com it is meant to | be the Usenet group rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang ONLY. This posting | was originated on RAMFM and is not intended nor authorized for use on | any other web site such horsepowered.com. Therefore it shold not be | seen as an endorsement of their products and services. |

Reply to
SVTKate

"dwight" wrote in

*shave & a haircut*

| > Very nice, Dwight! | | I can't stop taking it "around the block". Even though it was only in the | high 40s this morning, I had to put the top down and cruise. My feet were | toasty, my hands frozen. | | > How are you liking that AOD? | | My left leg keeps asking if there's anything it can do. I don't think the | vert will become my daily commuter, but the automatic is sure nice in | traffic. Still, I like the total control that a stick affords me and it's | great to have the choice. | | > As far as the Escape goes, I had one as a rental in Hawaii back on my | > engagement trip. I put several hundred miles all over the Big Island. I | > liked it, considering the options. | | Jean did rent one earlier this year - the bright yellow. Apparently, she | really liked it, too. I was pushing her to trade in the '99 Mystique and | finally convinced her to get something she liked. Enter Escape! It's a lease | (Ford's recent special at $259/month) and she had to sacrifice leather seats | to get that price, but she is like a kid with a new toy. Every day, she | points out some other feature to me (I'm still working on the concept of a | 6-disc in-dash CD changer). | | Speaking of the '99 Mystique, I was shocked to find out that its book value | was only in the high $3K area! Those cars didn't hold up well. To whit - the | book value on the '93 GT convertible was higher than the 5-year-old Mercury, | with leather seats and power everything. | | In the end, we decided to NOT trade the Mystique in on the Escape, and, | instead, we're selling it to Princess, whose '99 Escort in turn is being | sold to The Boy. We're playing vehicular dominoes. The Boy had bought a

1988 | Plymouth Horizon for $500 (which I promptly dubbed The Anticar),

FOFLMAO!!!!

and it gave | out after six months. He just had that POS hauled off as scrap. | | So the whole household is driving new wheels. (But I have the fun ones.)

Greedy will get ya !

| | dwight | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Oh yea.. now THERE's the mental image I was looking for!

| | dwight | |

Reply to
SVTKate

We have a WINNER! That's a sharp eye you've got there, Mike. Just checked the door tag, and it truly is PD/YJ. Reef blue! Never heard of it.

Thanks for pointing that out.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Another hundred Mustangs or so, and I'll be catching up in no time. In your honor, I'm going to drop the top on New Year's Day. But only if the temperature is in the 50's. Us old guys chill easily.

:()

Reply to
dwight

Only the Cobras were dressed in Teal (RD) that year. Other choices in blue were Bright Blue (KF) and Royal Blue (LA).

Look for the paint code PD (Reef Blue) on the door (assuming the door is original)...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

I'll be more than happy to meet you somewhere in the middle of our commute for a nice ride on New Years Day. Have decide to keep the new "green" Cobra for a while and do some upgrades to it's current HP output. (258.4hp and 292.4ft/lbs or torque at the rear wheels). So I at least know what I'll be driving that day..............unless of course we run in to another cheap Shelby convertible FS again (hey, you never know)......................

Bill S.

dwight wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

There ya go. Bring it to Carlisle next spring and show it off. Chicken legs and all...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

Be careful what you wish for. I'd bring both, but that would mean that someone else would be driving one of my babies.

:()

Reply to
dwight

Deal. ASSuming no snow. Now that I know it's Reef Blue, I'm going to have to put it under wraps for the winter. I'll take it out once a month to get the juices flowing. (I feel like I've been entrusted with something special.)

day..............unless

What I know is, you've got a strange definition of the word "keep". I've had the Frog for 11 years now, and you've probably gone through about 50 cars in the span.

Exactly what car WOULD you consider a "keeper"?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Dwight,

Snow, if it's snowing we'll take my Cobra, as the damn things puts out more than enough heat to keep us both warm..............The longest I've owned a car (a Mustang no less) has been my first BOSS 351, which is still sitting in nice dry storage with 18,356 original miles on the odometer. Since 1981 I might add........As for the rest, a keeper to me is something that catches my eye well enough to pay taxes and places insurance and tags on it. Of course I do have this nasty reputation in the local mustang club....People keep asking me what my latest "keeper of the month" is...................While well deserved, I have slowed down in my old age....I don't go through more than a few Mustangs each year.......

Bill S.

dwight wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

I wondered what the damn red glow was on the west horizon that woke me up too early...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"dwight" wrote in

Very nice as opposed to having to dig under the seat or in the glove box to change a CD.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Driving around topless no less....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

LOL.. well it wasn't the sunrise hon!

| > Kate | >

| | I wondered what the damn red glow was on the west horizon that woke | me up too early... | | -- | Check out the gmaing & computer forums at the [SS] clan site. |