Superchips for '03 GT

Has anyone tried the Superchips Microtuner? I'm thinking about getting one and a 15% HP gain for the money seems to be reasonable according to reviews. The only downside seems to be that premium gas is required. They also do custom programs if you have modified the car with any intake/exhaust mods which I'm also planning, plus you can reset it to factory settings when taking the car back to the dealer.

Apparently, you can also modify other computer controlled presets, such as top speed limiting, speedo/tach settings, and auto transmission (if you have one).

If you don't know about Superchips, here are some links:

Scudder
15% gain just from a chip? That's about 40hp and would put you at 300. That seems very optimistic.

Perhaps you could get it with the chip plus headers and intake mods. John

Reply to
jriegle

Want to see optimistic? Watch some of these mechanic shows (HP TV, Trucks! etc.) that only seem to ever feature products that they have glowing reviews for. They love chips and "chip programmers". I saw one show (can't remember the name, it's two old guys doing bolt on mods to trucks) where they took what appeared to be a stock "Harley truck" and plugged in one of those chip scanner/tuners let it do it's thing and dyno'd the truck afterwards... They claimed to get NINETY (90), that's nine zero, additional peak HP. Ridiculous!

Reply to
Simon Juncal

The 90 is on a diesel only - what they claim is 10% hp and 13% torque for gas cars on their website - I 've got one of these things in a gas car - got me about 5% hp (and some additional thermal load), went to the dual program chip (have two for the same car - they are easy to change), both have a "valet" mode (rev limit at 3200 - my nice little 50hp svt) controlled by a switch, one is for NOS (even with a wet system you need more fuel injector pulse time), and one is for no NOS (goof juice is hard on the motor and I leave my bottle empty most of the time). The work pretty good, but I've seen 7 installed (outside mine) and they make about 4-6% hp, and 5-8% torque on average - they lean out the F/A and change timing - make sure you have a good cooling system. I do recommend the valet mode idea for those of you who let others park your cars (or let kids drive 'em) - hide the switch well..

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Paule