Use A Sunshade!

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
Patrick

Since it's much harder for vehicles to be stolen now (with the electronic key systems) I'd opt for leaving windows open. If someone wants to steal your car, windows are a minor impediment anyway.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

You are however inviting people to steal items located inside your car....

Ok if you got nothing in your car, you're safe.

But for anyone with a stereo system...that is not an option.

Stephan

Reply to
Stephan Rose

I don't think that they meant "open" as in all the way down. A 1/4" crack does wonders for the inside temps and is no appreciable risk these days. In the Sixties, a noose on a coathanger could grab the lock in mere seconds. Now, unless someone had a stiff welding rod already set to push an electric release, the way to go is OUTSIDE the window anyway. So, a cracked window is meaningless.

That said, I've always wonder why manufacturers don't build in vent fans. I've thought about installing a computer cooling fan myself, maybe in the side of an air duct. The power draw should be VERY minimal. Couple it to a 90 degree termostat and you're good to go. I intended to mate it with a protected vent into the high trunk floor if needed.

Reply to
Ron Hammon

Careful, that antenna on the fender works just fine for that.

-- John C. '00 GT Convt. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

Still, a window tightly closed only discourages amatuers. Anyone who breaks into cars on a regular basis would not even notice that the door was unlocked. They would either use a slim-jim, outside the window, or, if they were a real waste of oxygen, one of those spring pin things to break the glass. Either way takes mere seconds, not the minutes it takes to fish around for a button.

Reply to
Ron Hammon

Discouraging the amatuers eliminates the biggest threat. Stealing from a car is, more often than not, a crime of opportunity. The majority of car breaks are just punks looking for a quick, easy score. They don't want attention.

Either way takes mere seconds, not the minutes it takes to fish around

True enough, but the point of hitting the button is to disarm the alarm, not merely to gain entry. I'm thinking of the newer Mustangs, if this works on the pre-2K cars is a mystery to me.

-- John C. '00 GT Convt. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

True enough. Someone busted the driver side window out of my car when the doors were unlocked, just to steal a ten year old stereo. Left the brand new $90 jacket on the seat, which was worth more than the stereo.

Blue Gator

Reply to
Blue Gator