What's a 1995 GT worth $CDN?

Hey Guys,

First time posting here. I got a guy that wants to pull a trade with me.

1995 Mustang GT 5.0L approx 150,000km Yellow Not sure about Mach Audio or Leather. 5 spd Pretty mint but been exposed to winter.

What the heck would she be worth?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Steph

Kelly Blue book site shows it worth about $6375 here in FTC

Gerry Ft Collins, Co.

Reply to
Gerry

I just sold my 95GT for 6200 US dollars. This car was in great condition. Things to check at that high mileage are:

-fuelpump (have the fuel pressure checked, it might not be able to hold good pressure after shutting off) could be pressure regulator also.

-transmission throwout bearing. (noisy/squeeking when cold)

-detonation/pinging. The 94 and 95 GT are known for it. Drive it for a while to warm up, then in 2nd or 3rd gear floor it all the way to redline and listen for pinging (sounds like marbles in a metal can)

-pressurize the cooling system and make sure it is leakfree. Also check for clean coolant.

If the owner can show proof of 3000 mile oil changes the engine will be in great shape. I always did this and the engine didn't use a drop of oil more than it did when it was new. Have someone watch the exhaust while someone else revs the engine up a couple of times. Smoke will indicate wear.

Rein