Who Needs a Lightning? Buy a Sport Trac!

Ford news. And check out the link at the bottom to take a look at one mean Sport Trac!

Ford's headliner in New York is a high-performance version of the Mustang. Engineered by Ford's Special Vehicle Team, the next-generation Mustang Cobra is expected to go on sale in 2006. In a nod to high-performance Mustangs of the 1960s, the 2007 model will carry the Shelby name. Ford also will display the Sport Trac Adrenalin concept in New York. Powered by a 390-hp, supercharged 4.6-liter V-8, it teases at a performance version that could be coming for Ford's next-generation Sport Trac. Ford has confirmed that the redesigned Sport Trac - slated to go on sale in 2006 after moving to an updated Ford Explorer platform

- will get a V-8 engine.

Here's the link.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Here's a little more info and another pic.

Patrick '93 Cobra

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

next-generation

slated

platform

Reply to
NoOption5L

That is hideous..

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Mike,

I don't know... at first glance it looks kinda neat looking. And then when you find out there's a 390-horse motor under the hood, it looks damn good!

Patrick '93 Cobra

next-generation

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1111453952.628534.292830 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Yeah, but it's got 4 doors.

Heh.

Joe

On 21 Mar 2005 09:39:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well look at this pic and tell me where the door handles are.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:49:34 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

But none of them have handles on them. Look at the pics again close.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I must say, I kinda like it! Can't wait to see one in person, if it ever exists. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

wrote

close.

The handles are an extra-cost option.

Joe

Actually the lack of handles are the extra-cost option....

Reply to
351CJ