Tucson Show - Rode in The Ford GT

I'm still trying to recover from our annual MCA Regional Show today. Long weekend, lots of fun, light rain most of the day, but also lots of sunshine in the afternoon. The highlight of the day for me was a five-minute ride in the Ford GT that our dealer brought out for our show. They had just replaced the defective front control arms and the driver said they align the tires by driving it. In my most innocent voice I asked, can I ride along? Well, sure! Oh, what fun! That car has instant acceleration yet is so quiet even when the engine is revving. The funny part was that it was raining lightly and the driver said, gee where's the wiper switch? There are so many different switches it took him a minute to find it on the right side of the steering column. I didn't stop grinning for at least an hour after that ride.

Then we parked it right by the front doors of the hotel and I had the fun task of wiping the car down. I've never cleaned a quarter million dollar car before. Talk about being very careful.....

Reply to
Laurie S.

Laurie S. opined in news:423f0065$0$23565$ snipped-for-privacy@news.nationwide.net:

Wonder if you'd gotten that ride if your name was "Jake"...

;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

A good pair of Flowmasters will fix that. :()

If I remember my flying days, you don't need wipers above 80mph or so...

Thanks, Laurie. I'm jealous as hell. I paid good money just to LOOK at the GT at the Philly Auto Show. I'd pay a bit more to wipe it down.

I wonder if Bounty paper towels would be good enough for the GT, or if they'd insist on something softer...

dwight

Reply to
dwight

He gets a ride in the new Ford GT.... You SUCK!!!

How much did you say you have to pay to get, and keep, this new job of yours?

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

??? I'm wondering what kind of adjustment system would "heal" itself of an out-of-spec condition by driving it. In your shoes I sure would not have started that discussion however.

Good for you; the worst that could happen is a "no."

So now it's a Roots blower for Trouble, right?

180 Out TS 2
Reply to
one80out

Actually, I used a California Water Blade and a terry cloth towel. I figured if it's safe enough for my coupe, it's safe enough for the GT. :) My biggest worry was to keep from pushing water into the interior because the door was open.

-------------- Laurie S. Thunder Snake #7

Reply to
Laurie S.

Keys in the ignition?

:()

Reply to
dwight

No, but he did give me the keys to the 2005 Mustang GT they also brought down. Problem is that I didn't have time to go play with it.

------------- Laurie S. Thunder Snake #7

Reply to
Laurie S.