2005 Pathfinder ipod integration - when?

I went to Macworld and they had a press release saying that Nissan would be releasing an ipod integration option some time "soon". Does anyone have a date or any more info on this? I'm getting my new 2005 Pathfinder in about 3 weeks......

Rich

Reply to
Head Edhead

buy a fm plugin for the ipod

Reply to
Jimmi hat

I hear they don't work very well, especially in larger cities. The integrated ipods in the BMW and now Mercedes and others are very cool, with a display on the dashboard, controls on the steering wheel etc. I know there are after market companies that will integrate it, but I'd like to se what Nissan has up its sleeve......

Rich

Reply to
Head Edhead

Unfortunately, Nissan has nothing currently "up their sleeve" when it comes to Ipod (or other MP3 player) integration. Neither do any of the other aftermarket manufacturers who displayed their wares at the recent SEMA and CES shows. Something about the Nissan/Infiniti radio interface that prevents it.

That said, I believe the new Pathpuppy had the identical external AUX

3.5mm input that is on the Armada and Titan which will allow you to plug your Ipod directly into the stereo system. You still won't have control over it from the steering wheel controls (which is what you seem to want), but it does beat using the RF adaptors and the tape type units. Look for the input on the lower center dash, marked 'AUX'.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck.K

Do you know if this is true of the Bose system as well?

Rich

Reply to
Head Edhead

Rich