door panels - 93 Pathfinder

Hello everyone,

I am new here, and I have a question about my 1993 pathfinder. The passenger side door speaker is sounding really bad, how can I get the door panels off without breaking something? Do I need to remove anything first before trying to pop the plastic holders? Where do I start...?

Thank you in advance,

Ken

Reply to
Ken

The arm rests are screwed into a subframe of the door. Take those out. Also, remove the electric door controls, which are screwed in, or remove the window crank if you have one. The plastic panel behind the door latch handle also requires a screw -- take that out. The interior piece is held in place with plastic "snaps", if you will. You have to gently pry these off of the subframe with either your fingers, or a flat screw driver. I usually work from the rear of the door forward. Reverse the process when you put everything back together.

Reply to
ppointer

snipped-for-privacy@nospamindspring.com wrote in news:O_ypb.31986$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.columbus.rr.com:

Thank you for the advice! Now, I just have to wait for a warm day to try this. Next, I will have to find a replacement speaker - the pathfinder is getting a bit old, so I am not looking to upgrade. I just want that buzzing to stop.

Reply to
Ken

Don't forget your local Nissan parts department in your search. I recently had to replace the factory r/f door speaker (Bose/Clarion) in my '95 Pathfinder and was still able to order it through them for a very reasonable cost. Now I'm back thumpin' again (and will probably blow the other 5 shortly due to age, LOL). :-)

Wil

Reply to
Truck