Re: 99' Maxima what is the SPARK PLUG gapping ??

.042

be sure you use NGK spark plugs or you'll be sorry

Reply to
NissTech

StraussAuto mentioned .044 ? I installed NGK from them out of the box and the car is "stumbling" and "hesitating" on acceleration. I have pull them and gap to cure this ? Nissan dealer is asking $ 11.00 per spark plug. Is it only because their NGKs are pre-gapped ??

Phil

NissTech wrote:

Reply to
phil

.002" isn't going to make any difference.

The correct NGK's bought anywhere come pre-gapped. I stopped checking them

15 years ago..
Reply to
Steve T

Well they come with a gap, but not all applications use the same gap.

I've also had a few plugs where the electrode looked like it was dropped and had closed up.

But its all right, you dont have to check YOURS anymore. (-:

-Pete

Reply to
speedy

"speedy4" wrote: > Steve T wrote: > > > The correct NGK's bought anywhere come pre-gapped. I stopped > checking them > > 15 years ago.. > > Well they come with a gap, but not all applications use the > same gap. > > I've also had a few plugs where the electrode looked like it > was dropped > and had closed up. > > But its all right, you dont have to check YOURS anymore. (-: > > -Pete

I put Bosce platinum 4s in mine (both cars) and haven?t had any problems.

Reply to
SETITOFF