Re: Sunny 120Y & 130Y engines have a design flaw : air intake gets heated.

Total BS...

Reply to
Steve T

Air intake should be as cool as possible

>i.e. must not be piped near the hottest parts of engine, e.g. Honda F20A, >Toyota 4A-F 1600E, & Lotus campro correctly have their air intake piped >away from *rocker cover & exhaust manifold, & sucked in from outside >engine compartment. >120Y & 130Y engines have air intake piped over * & sucked in from inside >engine compartment, air intake will be hot / warm, esp when bonnet has no air >vent ( like those of Porshe / Ferrari ) to let out heat. Torque & mpg cannot be >maximised.

As both Porshe / Ferrari have rear / mid engines any bonnet vents don't affect the intake air. They both tend to use dedicated inlet scoops on the side of the car.

Another inadequacy is a lack of a air swirler below the air filter : if a swirler >is fitted, petrol vapour will be finer, burn faster, & give more torque. User >can add a swirler, but these are very overpriced. >The carbon-core spark plug cables used ( in a '89 Sentra too ) are inefficient >
, users can get more torque & mpg, >& lower ( in volume & pitch ) exhaust noise, from bigger sparks fed by low >resistance cables. >
&categoryid=9 What, you have a early 80's Nissan that hasn't rotted away? NewerNissan's do have cold fresh air intakes, buy one. Would not make muchdifference on early 80's carburetted engines in standard tune anyway.

Carbon cables are fitted to help prevent your ignition being heard on the stereo of every other car near you, especially when waiting in a queue. Yeah junk them and fit copper leads but make sure you swap to resistor plugs. Nissan have moved on to direct ignition with a coil pack on each plug cap.

Peter Hill

| Total BS... |

u BS here ( without proof ) to draw hits for your site. Anonymous posters are either Mr.know all or bullshiters ( no 1 will know who conned him / her ). Salesmen ( ¾ are mysterious in NGs ) all can swear, but cannot disprove facts.

Reply to
TE Cheah

What facts? You post a link from someone trying to sell their plug wires as fact? Split fire claims their plugs make power which is also total BS. I've done dyno testing with different types of plug wires and found if they are in good shape, they make ZERO difference. Have you done dyno tests to prove your "facts" or just buying what some saleman is telling you?

I'm not trying to slel anything, quite the opposite, I'm trying to talk people out of wasting money.

Reply to
Steve T

| buy one. Not without 4ws ( like Honda's ) / turbo ( like Saab's ) / super ( like Mercedes's ) charger, air vents on bonnet, battery in boot & calibrated thermometer ( like Mercedes's ), aerodynamic muffler.

| Would not make much difference on early 80's carburetted engines Bullshit, even a hot sun's heat on a dark colour bonnet will heat up fuel & air below bonnet & in carburetor, & reduce torque.

| swap to resistor plugs. Bullshit, resistors are required only by EU law.

Reply to
TE Cheah

JDM 200SX S14a has most of that, HICAS 4ws (but most people disconnect it and/or fit a loop back kit as it interferes with car control while drifting), T28 Ball Bearing water cooled turbo, air vents not required glue some on if you must, doesn't need a battery in boot as it has near 50/50 weight split anyway and long heavy duty power leads reduce charging and starting performance, digital climate control, aerodynamic what? Take the CAT out and just fit a mandrel bent 3" inch straight though = 20bhp.

Switch to LPG and have an ice cube under your bonnet, should be able to rig it to use a pre-cooler on the inlet using the LPG evaporation as the cold source + 50% cleaner emissions

Radio reception in 3rd world traffic and cities must be pretty poor.

Peter Hill