chk Sunny 130Y brake pad spring

My 1985 130Y ( assembled in msia )'s front disc brakes' pads' springs were supposed to keep the pads away from disc when idle, but their design instead pressed the pads onto disc even when idle ! Only after I removed these springs could the front wheels turn freely.

130Y's exhaust manifold is short & inefficient, a long branch manifold I bought gave e.g. ~10% extra*torque @2500rpm, the higher is rpm the more is this *. Petrol filter is small, easily clogged by dirt in petrol ( esp in msia ), mine was so clogged my engine stalled. Its 4½" steel wheels were too narrow for even 175/70R13 tyres ( squeek when cornered hard ). Its contact breakers wore out fast, better fit an electronic ( magnetic trigger ) ignition.
Reply to
Lim PE