Tips for removing crankshaft pulley

I'm getting ready to replace my timing chain and am looking for any tips, cautions or suggestion anybody might have for removing the the crankshaft pulley. What's the best way to break the engine so the pulley won't turn? I have a 5 speed manual, is it OK if I just put it in gear and let that keep it from turing why I loosen the bolt?

Reply to
PILKINGTONT

Yep, put it in 5th or 4th and have someone hold the brakes.

Reply to
Steve

Thanks again!

Tony...