$210 a good price to replace starter 96 Sentra ?

I got an estimate for $210 to put a reman starter in a 96 Sentra with auto trans. Does this sound rght ? They said it would take about one hour, and would have a lifetime warrantee on the starter (parts only).

Thanks

Reply to
Lecher9000

Depends where you take it. I had mine replaced (on my 87 Pathy 4WD with 5-speed) at a shop here in Houston that specializes in starters and alternators for around $120, labor included. I think they gave me a one-year warranty on the part.

Reply to
Larry Kessler

Make sure that they replace it with a Mitsubishi starter. The Hitachi starters have problems with the bearings which produces a squealing sound and eventual failure. The Mitsubishi starters don't have this problem.

Lew

Lecher9000 wrote:

Reply to
Lewis Shadoff

Thanks for the replies.

They said the starter was an "Excel" rebuilt, which they claim is a good brand. Total came to $230. So far so good. Been 3 days so far. Lifetime warranty.

Reply to
Lecher9000

There is no such thing as a lifetime warranty for parts... They will get the money back with labor charges. Just see...

Reply to
Martin