Windshield gasket on 94 Pathfinder

The strip of rubber across the top of the windshield on my '94 Pathfinder has crimped up and probably needs to be replaced. Two questions:

1) Is this a part I can easily install myself, or should I have a glass shop do it?

2) It's hard to tell if a small (2 in.) section at one end of the gasket has broken off--should there be an L-shaped metal corner piece that covers this? I looked at another old Pathfinder and only saw the L-shaped corners at the bottom of the windshield, not the top.

Reply to
Al

I had mine replaced at a local glass shop (Settles). They didn't even charge me.

I told them I'd had a few windshields replaced by them over they years on various cars (which is true), and asked them if they could check their records and see if they had replaced the one on my PF, and if so was there warrantee. They didn't even check or question anything, they just put in a new rubber strip. So I guess it's quick/easy/cheap for the pro's anyway.

Reply to
jdr01930