87 4x4

Anybody here own one of these? I am looking to buy one and wonder what kind of gas mileage they get. the owner said it only got about 18, that seems
pretty low for a 5 speed, 4 cyl. Also, is it common for the tappets to be a little noisy? Any help appreciated. jb
me wrote:

Yes, they got crappy gas mileage. It might have been because they were so under-powered that you keep your foot in it to keep the traffic in site.

I have a 1988. Gas mileage is poor - I get about 300 kilometers per tank of gas. It doesn't help that I have oversize tires on mine.
Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada

Site Timeline