Floor mats wash?

I was wondering if it's okay to put the floor mats that come with the Altima into the washing machine to clean them. Anyone ever tried this?

Thx.

John

Reply to
John Grabowski

John,

After getting mine at 60,000 the nicest thing I did was to buy an original set of new mats from the dealer for about $70. The main reason I did that is because the car was sold to me without them.

I wash mine all the time in the washing machine after treating the problem areas with 'purple power'. It's a top loader. I just place the pile of the carpet inward next to the agitator.

The wash cycle runs unatttended ok. However for the spin, I do only one front and rear at a time by placing the pile outward so that the maximum amount of water gets extracted. Make sure the cetrifuga force of the spin does not cause any undue rubbing on the top washer surfaces that might cause scuff marks our heat friction. Allow just enough spin time to get most of the water out and then get them outsied on the line.

I have put them in the dryer as well and they seem to hold up ok. Cheap people like me though are happy to let the outside air save a fes bucks on energy.

Pork

Reply to
Gar