93 With dead BOSE radio

Hi All,

I have a 93 Maxima with the BOSE CD/cassette deck that is DOA. At first it would take a minute after I started it to come on and it would be preceded with a loud pop noise, and then come on. It would take longer and longer to come on until it finally never did come on. None of the functions work (radio/CD/tape) on any of the speakers. The display on the radio works and will take a CD in and play it, just no sound. I've checked all the radio related fuses, but am not sure what to check next. Any ideas on what may be the problem. Many thanks!

Sean

Reply to
Sean Novosad

Funny you mention that... I have a 94' that I just got last week that has exactly the same problem. I suspect the unit is just going since it's 10 years old.

Reply to
th3dark1

Mine seemingly croaked 3 years ago when in actuality it was a problem at the power relay that supplies power to the amps that cratered. The signal from the head to the relay pooped out.

Get inside the leftdriver's kick panel on the by the door. There are 3 relays there from what I recall. Pry one of the relay caps off (it might have been the blue one - may have to do them all) it with it still in the sockett and squeeze the contacts with the radio on and see if the amps kick in and sweet tunes come out. Mine did and I merely ran a jumper wire from the power side of the coil to a spot on the fuse block that became active when the key was on.

Ch> Hi All,

Reply to
Hop Sing

Hi Sean,

I had the same problem like you,

the original owner of my car had the same problem like you,

he would he popping noise in the back so he unplug the speakers and took it into the dealer to change it,

the dealer order special speakers for the car,

the car i have right is a 90 max gxe,

let me know if this solve the problem,

bye sean,

Reply to
maximagxe90

Had mine fixed, $75.00 in Louisville. Sounded like a common problem. Guy was great, workes fine. Cold sodered.

Just my $0.02

-Jay.

Reply to
Jay

Its a common problem. Dry solder joints. Mine went out more than 5 years ago and I sent it to: In House Service Co.

12 Technology Drive, Suite 13 Setauket, NY 11733-4084 Tel:631-751-1803 I am not sure whether they are still in business. Cost me $70
Reply to
cherrytan