1995 Maxima GLE Bose radio replacement

Hello all.. im sure you know this problem with the Bose system having problems with the CD player and tape deck. Well i have searched the ebay and junk yards for a factory replacement, trying to keep the car original. Maybe in my craziness i have overlooked an obvious place for these, (dont recc the dealer, not available). If anyone knows of or has a fully working Bose AM/FM stereo, cassette,cd player please please let me know. Any help is always appreciated. you can respond here or send email to jester snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com. thanks

Reply to
jesterwoo

I had no problem finding listings for them on eBay.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

they have two styles of the radio for the 95 max, the one i need is PN

2083D. It has the built in CD changer button.
Reply to
jesterwoo

Actually - any double-din Bose headunit from 95-99 will fit the 99's have the CDCHG button in a different spot. If you don't have a CD changer you don't need one with that button. You can even get one from a Pathfinder, Infiniti I30, Infiniti G20 (off the top of my head). I replaced mine not too long ago (I have a 96 GLE and the replacement was from a 99). The newer the deck the longer it will last (it too will eventually fail).

Just as an example:

?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7931286212&category=38640#ebayphotohosting Both of these will fit/plug in perfectly.

Nirav

96 Max GLE, 111k
Reply to
Nirav J. Modi

Forget about getting another Bose. It will fail again. I went to Crutchfield and got a new radio with CD and an adapter. It was an easy replacement. Nissan sells a pocket ($21) to fill the hole.

Reply to
cherrytan