94 Maxima Window problem

I was driving along, hit a large hole and the passenger window fell down halfway. It wouldn't go up. I had to wedge it in.

I had the window repaired about two years ago because it would not go up. Can this be the same problem again?? Or maybe it's the motor. I can't hear any motor turning when I hit the up button.

How can I tell?

Thanks

Reply to
Richard L

Odds are it's the window regulator. (it's a large triangular assembly that connects the window motor to the rail and nylon piece that drives the glass up & down). odds are the nylon piece that attaches to the glass lost it's grip/connection to the cable that goes to the motor. The assembly cab be replaced, probably under $100 for the regulator assembly (not including labor). Courtesy Nissan offers an internet discount, sometimes they show up on ebay. I've done it myself, the hardest part is aligning the glass...

Usually they last about 8 years...

Gary K

Reply to
gary

Reply to
View from Space

That must have been one hell of large hole. rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins