check engine soon

I have a Nissan Maxima 1997 5 speed. I am trying to pass an inspection and have the check engine soon light on. Took it to my mechanic and they changed the sensor and erased the check engine code, but they cannot do the inspection until the monitors go back on. They said to keep driving until the monitors are displayed on their computer. I have driven for 115 miles and still nothing. Any advice?

Thanks a lot,

Jack.

Reply to
ybelotser

It's not miles as much as number of start/warm-up cycles.

Reply to
JimV

its not miles. warm up or number of starts,

It has to do with a very specific drive pattern that must be followed almost to the letter to get the monitors to display a complete status.

some of the mid 90's vehicles were a PITA to get the monitors to set, just keep driving it

Reply to
NissTech