Front End Knock Sound

I have a 97 Maxima GLE with 126,000 miles on it. I have a front end knocking sound that appears it comes from either around my brake pedal or from driver side tire. The sound comes and goes when I hit certain potholes or bumps. It sounds like something is knocking around and gets lodged then dislodged. Anyone have any idea what it could be.?

Reply to
antmorano

Could be lots of things. A bad strut or stabilizer link like are possibilities. If the struts are original, it's probably time.

Reply to
JimV

Make sure you check motor mounts.

Reply to
Chris H

Also make sure the really big nut that holds the control arm to the pivot member is fully torqued.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

I am inclined to go with JimV. My 2000 with 78K miles had that metallic clunk on the passemger side when the strut on that side went bad. Upon removal, the bad strut shaft can be moved by hand and I can duplicate the noise by just pulling pushing at the limits of travel.

Reply to
cmdrdata